Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WholeHearted Home Wednesdays LINKUP #17

I wanted to share something tonight/today :-)
that was pertinent with my life.
My day just didn't go as planned because we woke up to darkness as another power outage had taken us off the grid for the day. I laid in bed, snuggled under the covers reading my Bible on my phone which lit up like a flashlight illuminating the darkness of the early, early morning. Unmotivated by the cold room and lack of light, I stayed in bed longer than usual. Rare, if you know me!! I finally got up and remembered that I could exercise because I use a CD inserted in my computer.
My computer went dead as soon as I finished.

There was no more cereal.
Talk about preparedness.
 Remember Y2K!!
I drove 7 miles through the slush to the grocery store (did I mention it tried to snow??) and bought cereal (we had a new jug of milk (go figure)!! So, this mom who raised her kids on oatmeal and fresh eggs bought cereal and apple turnovers and splurged
(wanting the 'good' mom award) and bought hot chocolate
for her children (17, 19, and 27 ;-)

It was a damp crumby day. I actually snuggled back in bed
with my MP3 and listened to Ron Hamilton sing.
Crazy!!
Then, I got up,
the power came on around 12N
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen floors the Lazy Mom Way
Then, I made some soup (sorry no recipe...I tossed beans and leftover fresh veggies into the pot. Then I threw homemade frozen meatballs into a pot with spaghetti sauce, boiled the spaghetti noodles,
And
Made these delicious brownies for my husband!!

I ate too many!!
He ate too many!!
My kids ate too many!!

This one is from Rebecca of Rebecca's Hearth and Home.

I found this recipe on Time Warp Wife 
and Pinned it on Pinterest
Then, when I wanted to make a dessert for church this week, 
I went to my recipes on Pinterest :-)
Then tonight, I made them for my husband :-)

Thanks, Rebecca!




Click the Pic!!

One-Bowl Brownies 



(This recipe is as good as any boxed brownie mix that we've ever tried without all the extra hydrogenated junk added! Enjoy!)

2 cups sugar (we've actually cut this down to 1 cup and like them just as much)
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
2/3 cup olive oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla

In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and nuts. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; stir just until moistened. Do not overmix. Spread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.


WholeHearted Favorites

Here are some wonderful posts from last week!!
Each week I so enjoy reading all of your posts!!
Everyone who reads my blog should link up because I just so love visiting!!


Jenn's Random Scraps has posted a great post.
She shared the cutest little turkey made from a potato!!
Jenn is new at WholeHearted Home 
and I am so glad that she linked up this week!!




Sarah Avila over at 
shared:
Bitter Failure vs. Better View

This post really hit a cord this week; how about you?? 
It is what we do with those times in our life 
when things just don't come together. 
Sarah was authentic and real in what she shared. 
Visit her and be encouraged. 
She has a number of related to-the-point-posts.

Click the Pic!!



Click on the picture below to see the series 
that Sarah has been participating in:




I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!

Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: 

Don't forget to linkup your favorite posts:



~Judith~

Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. rofl ok sorry to laugh but that sounds about like something that would happen to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If apple turnovers and hot chocolate aren't enough to warrant a Mom of the Year award, then the brownies definitely would... they look amazing!

    Thank you for sharing my 'Turkey and Gratitude' post :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer...
    http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! I hope I can figure out how to make the head for that turkey...it is so cute!! I love your signature!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! You had quite a day. So glad your power came back on. It's so hard to be without power, especially when it's cold outside.

    Loved that you're doing stuff the LAZY MOM way, lol! Thanks for hosting this link up. Above my link up it says "Like?" with a question mark. What does that mean? I didn't link up wrong, did I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you are the one who suggested the Lazy Mom approach!! I'm never lazy and NEVER stay in bed!! Not since the day before my first baby was born when I read a book in bed all day :-)

      Delete
  4. WOW you definitely had an interesting day to be sure! The brownies look awesome. I made some recently and they were way too sweet for me, but the husband enjoyed them. I took your suggestion and linked up, thanks for letting me know about it. Big hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've lost power three times in two weeks :-) we are used to it this time of year.

      Delete
  5. Judith,
    sounds like you compensated quite nicely. I especially like the "staying in bed longer," "going back to bed," and "baking brownies" parts of your coping strategies :) Smiles from Be Not Weary today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a generator but we didn't want to bother with it....we finally hauled it down to the back of the house :-) We get so used to the power going out. There are power lines on poles not underground :-) and trees fall on the power lines around here!!

      Delete
  6. Even though you stayed in bed a bit longer, you have more energy than I have, Judith. I can't believe how the years from 55-61 have stolen some of my energy. I'm so glad that I only have my hubby to take care of and he's very self-sufficient and helpful. : )
    You made a very nice day out of a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail, what good news...UGH!! Is that what is happening to me? I have not been able to figure out why I haven't had the same amount of energy. It seems to have suddenly vanished the last few weeks and I am not sick...just...um...between the ages you quoted.

    Power being out makes life interesting...good excuse for candles and slow fall mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a great post. I came over from Teach Me Tues. I posted just after you. I love this linkys and the chance to meet new people. I am about to run some errands but I will definately be back to visit you. I linked up realy quick. I'll be back and your linky to my post.
    Have a great day. Thanks for sharing. Oh and I loved that potatoe Turkey. I have to share that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by, and also for linking up...great to 'meet' you!! I look forward to reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...